At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a co-op student in the Summer and Fall of 2019 (May - December). This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization.
The Software Tools Development team designs and develops the software tools used by dealers or independent programmers who have purchased Crestron hardware and are creating custom installations for clients.
The tools include compilers, graphical development environments, configuration tools, programming languages, and protocols for device communications. Software technologies used by this department include C#, C++, SQL and VBScript, among others.
As a member of this team, the co-op’s tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Software development of unit tests and testing tool
• Work with one of our professional developers in creating and testing new code
• Learn how to use Crestron software tools and programming environments
• Other duties as assigned
The goal for the co-op is to develop the code that can be run on a nightly basis to confirm that no bugs have been introduced. As the co-op develops an understanding of the departmental goals and tasks assigned, we will continue to introduce new experiences and challenges. An analytical mind and familiarity with the software environment is required for this position. The ideal candidate will have GPA of 3.0 or higher and will be working towards a degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. The ideal candidate must have programming experience in one or more of the following:
• Will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, working towards a degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
• Interested in learning
• Able to work independently as well as within a team
• Able to multi-task effectively
• Able to work through problems in an organized manner
• Methodical and detail-oriented
• Able to follow instructions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be available to work starting in May 2019 throught December 2019
• Familiarity with any of the following: Linux, Visual Studio, REST APIs, JSON
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.